April 2020 | Doing Good
Doing Good in Communities Where We Live and Work
→ Youngstown General Sales Manager Paul Gause reports on the many fundraisers that Team Youngstown recently helped support:
- The Youngstown Area Grocers Association (YAGA) Beer/Wine Taste to benefit the Ursuline Sisters and Aids Foundation helped raise over $50,000. More than 500 attended the event.
- Heidelberg was the only distributor to assist the Hubbard Softball Beer/Wine Taste, where the organization raised $2,500 for the soft ball league.
- Team Heidelberg served wine at the Jefferson Humane Society Wine Taste, where $3,500 was raised for the Animal Shelter.
- More than $10,000 was raised for the Youngstown Shriners at the recent Youngstown Shrine Club Beer Taste. Heidelberg was the only distributor in attendance.
- Multiple promotions have been held throughout the Valley for “Project MKC – Making Kids Count,” which will culminate in the annual “Big Tap” event on April 25 at the Metro Plex Expo Center.
→ Toledo’s 14th annual Night of the Vine, a fundraiser founded by VP/GM Tom McHugh, raised more than $310,000 this year on March 10. Funds raised at the dinner gala and auction benefit St. Francis de Sales High School. Night of the Vine has contributed a total of $2.2 million to the school.
→ Team Kentucky uses the annual promotion for the Guinness Perfect Pour at Covington’s Molly Malone’s to help raise funds for the Emerald Society Pipes & Drums. These dedicated musicians pay tribute to police officers, fire fighters and military personnel who have given their lives in the line of duty by traveling up to six hours to play the Pipes and Drums at their last call.
BEER DISTRICT SALES MANAGER BOBBY HOWELL;
NORTHERN KENTUCKY (NKY) SALES PROFESSIONAL HEATHER MCNAMARA;
NKY SPECIALTY BEER MANAGER BEER DAVE; SPECIAL EVENTS COORDINATOR ALLEN TROY;
NKY BEER SALES MANAGER VINCE KARLAGE;
AND NKY SALES PROFESSIONALS TYLER BRAKE, KEN LANGE AND STEVE HUNTER.
→ Team Kentucky participated in the 29th Annual Mardi Gras Culinary Celebration on Fat Tuesday at the Northern Kentucky Convention Center. Proceeds benefited shelters for homeless children: Bethany House Services, Brighton Center’s Homeward Bound and Welcome House of Northern Kentucky.
SPECIAL EVENTS COORDINATOR ALLEN TROY.
NKY SALES PROFESSIONALS MEGAN ENZWEILER
AND HEATHER MCNAMARA.
NKY SALES PROFESSIONALS MATTHEW SAYERS AND STEVE HUNTER.
HAVE A STORY?
Report news for the next issue of Roar On or email editor MIKE VANDER WOUDE