October 2020 | Associates Today
Your Good Heath:
Since 1981, Impact Solutions have been helping organizations to succeed by empowering their people to thrive through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Executive/Leadership Consulting, Student Assistance and Retention Support, and Workplace Trainings.
Dr. Holly Brown, with help from the rest of the IMPACT Solutions team, is here for you and your family 24/7. This link is a short orientation for all associates on our new EAP, Impact Solutions.
Take a look at the following short orientation for all associates on our new EAP, Impact Solutions. EAP Orientation Video
OCTOBER IS NATIONAL BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH
Breast cancer hits about one in eight women in the U.S., with 3.5 million who are currently being treated or have completed treatment. In 2020, an estimated 276,480 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S., along with 48,530 new cases of non-invasive (in situ) breast cancer. Nearly 42,000 women will die this year due to the disease, although that number has been shrinking due to early treatment, early detection, and increasing awareness. About 85% of breast cancers occur in women who have no family history of breast cancer. These occur due to genetic mutations that happen as a result of the aging process and life in general, rather than inherited mutations.
Surprisingly enough, millions of women still do not get proper screening for breast cancer before it is too late. Since 1985, major charities and health organizations in our country have set aside the month of October to raise awareness of this disease and to raise funds for research into its cause, diagnosis, treatment, and cure. The campaign is now international and offers information and support to those affected by breast cancer.
The “pink ribbon” symbol for breast cancer began in 1991 when the Susan G. Komen Foundation handed out the ribbons at its New York City race to honor breast cancer survivors. A variety of events are held around the world this month, including walks and runs, illumination of landmark buildings, and even NFL promotions.
TIPS FROM TOGETHER CREDIT UNION
Three Free Online Resources for Car Buying
Between knowing your credit score and getting comfortable with the auto loan estimated interest rate, there are additional numbers that could benefit you in the long run when shopping for your next vehicle.
Check out these free, online auto loan related resources:
- Different ways to buy a car
- The difference between direct financing and dealer financing
- How your interest rate affects the term of your loan
- The fine print to look for when agreeing to a monthly payment
2. Try a Car Buying Calculator
A Car Buying Calculator can take a lot of the guesswork out of the negotiations and give you peace of mind when committing to a final price.
Some financial pieces that go into a Car Buying Calculator:
- Highest monthly payment you can afford: This part comes from your budget and how you choose to adjust your monthly fixed expenses.
- Down payment: It’s okay if you don’t have a down payment to buy a car, but it helps bring down the upfront cost of the car and can lower your monthly payments and/or shorten the loan term.
- Trade-in value (if any): If you have another vehicle that you would like to trade-in, you can check to see the estimated value of it on a trusted resource. One you can use is Kelly Blue Book’s ‘What’s My Car Value’.
- Loan term: This can be broken down in years or months (though most places you talk to about loan terms will speak about the term in months). Most loan terms can be anywhere from 24 months (2 years) to 72 months (6 years).
- Interest rate: Part of this depends on what the rates are in the market during the time you are looking to buy a car, and the other part is dependent on your credit score.
3. Learn How Lenders Use Your Credit Score
Our partners at GreenPath Financial Wellness can help with defining how lenders utilize your credit score and why it’s important to have a steady credit score.
A credit report will have detailed information on your credit history. Having a good credit score can be a useful negotiation tool when deciding certain factors of your auto loan, such as the interest rate.
Before pursuing an auto loan, it may be time to check your credit score. In order to find out the exact details of your credit score, you can run a free credit report.
Together Credit Union has your back.
Whether it’s sitting down with a personal service counselor to discuss your current financial situation or applying for an auto loan with some of the best rates available, your credit union is here to help. Questions about the auto loan process? Contact Teresa Evans, branch manager, at our Columbus location at email@example.com or 1-614-888-2299.
- Your IT department is here for you!!! During business hours support is available by sending an email to Support@HeidelbergDistributing.com, opening a ticket in Service Now, or by calling 1-844-HDL-BERG (435-2374). For after-hours critical support, please call 1-844-HDL-BERG (435-2374).
VIP Modular Upgrade
- Upgrading to the latest version of VIP V.15 to allow VIP to install open tech request giving user the latest functionality.
- Supplying the drivers with iPads that contain their routes. This gives the driver the ability to reconcile invoices as they deliver each stop and will be able to print a completed invoice to the account.
- Implementing in Toledo and Cleveland.
- Utilizing asset lifecycle management to systematically drive efficiency through performance, flexibility, and cost management. We are currently updating assets in all location.
Easy Ops / Easy Pick:
- A new browser-based VIP tool to perform daily warehouse tasks with a UPC scan-to-print system.
- Currently being tested in Columbus.
- Heidelberg generated applications that are being developed to help the performance of the supply chain and pricing teams.
- Pricing Application
- New Item Set up
- New Supplier Set up
- Freight Calculator
- Chain Forecasting
- Sample Billbacks
- Chain Authorization
Monthly Tip & Trick
Adding another sales route or account(s) without signing out of your route:
From the routebook icon on the main route screen, select “Add Another Route”
A listing of every sales route will appear; search for the route needing to add; click to select.
The list of accounts for the day from the route selected will populate; select what account(s) needing to add or select all; select “Done” when done.
The account(s) selected will appear on the bottom of your account list for the day. You can place the orders and send as normal.
When you perform “Begin Your Day”, the accounts added will be automatically removed.
HAVE A STORY?
Report news for the next issue of Roar On or email editor MIKE VANDER WOUDE