2020 ALBERT W. VONTZ JR. SCHOLARSHIP
The application process for the 2020 Albert W. Vontz Jr. Scholarship is underway. Once again, the Heidelberg family of companies will award one $3,000 scholarship in each market/city where we have an operating facility: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Lorain, Ohio Valley, Toledo, Youngstown, Kentucky and Wine Trends.
APPLICATIONS DUE FRIDAY, MARCH 20
The focus of the Albert W. Vontz Jr. Scholarship is contribution to community. Unlike other scholarships, there are no scholastic requirements but rather the student is judged on his or her commitment to volunteer work.
The award can be applied to any college or school of higher learning including vocational or technical schools or post-graduate work. Winners will be announced in Spring 2020 for use during the 2020-2021 academic year. An outside, impartial panel of judges with no affiliation to Heidelberg companies will select award winners.
TO BE ELIGIBLE:
1. You must be a dependent/recent dependent of a full-time Heidelberg, Ohio Valley or Wine Trends employee (as defined under IRS guidelines). The employee must have worked at least one year as of March 15, 2019, be an active employee or on approved leave of absence.
2. You may be no older than 24 years of age as of March 20, 2020.
3. You must fill out the entire application, including a 500-word essay describing your involvement or participation in a volunteer service.
4. We must receive a signed and sealed letter of recommendation from a school teacher, counselor, supervisor or adult who is familiar with the voluntary service you performed.
5. You must be enrolled in or planning to enroll in an accredited post-secondary educational institution for the 2020-2021 school year. Recognized Vocational and Technical schools are included.
6. You may only win this award once.
For a complete list of rules and eligibility requirements regarding the 2020 scholarship, you can access the Scholarship Application.
“Hard copy” application forms also are available through the Office Manager at your market’s location.